Select Recipes Made Using Therapeutic Food Supplements
Greek Vegan Yogurt (with Probiotics)
–by Beth-Ann Weiss
- Turn on your yogurt maker and have it preheating while preparing your recipe,
- Measure 4 cups of plain unsweetened soy milk in an aseptic box, 1 cup raw cashews, 2 tsp of sugar (or sweetener of your choice),
- Place all ingredients in a high powered blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Heat the mixture on stove and constantly stir with a wire whisk until right before it starts to boil. Place pot with wire whisk still in mixture on the counter, on a rack to cool,
- Place an open napkin over the saucepan and remember to leave the whisk in. Keep going back and stir often so no film sets on top and cool till its not hot any longer,
- Note: Temperature is important here because if the mixture is too hot it will kill your probiotics. It takes about an hour to cool down to a lukewarm temp (must be below 110 degrees). When you can place you hand on the side of the saucepan comfortably and not have to pull it away, you’re good to go!
- After the mix has cooled enough, pour into your yogurt maker and stir in 1 tsp of BioImmersion Probiotic. Set your yogurt maker for 8 hours.
- After at least 6 hours, sweeten as you like (my favorite flavor is lemon!) and enjoy your freshly made greek vegan yogurt!
One final note, it is important to be aseptic as possible because it you get any little germs in your mixture they will compete with the probiotics and you don’t want to end up growing a bunch of germs!
BioImmersion Fermented Veggies
–by Ross Berkwich
- Juice a pitcher full of organic celery juice,
- Add a capsule full of Supernatant Synbiotic and a teaspoon of Original Synbiotic,
- Leave the mixture to perk for a few days, then add it to Ball Jars full of shredded veggies and aromatics.
- Leave the slaws out a few days, burping the jars occasionally and finally refridgerate the mixtures.
Once ready, the fermented veggies can be tossed into salads and soups.
The extra juice is great to refrigerate and enjoy later as a refreshing drink. Both delicious!