“After the age of 50 years, a woman’s risk of dying from a hip fracture is equal to her lifetime risk of dying from breast cancer” (Devirian T., & Volpe S., 2003).
Osteoporosis and Osteoarthritis are of major concern for our aging as well as young population (Newnham RE.,1994; Devirian T., Volpe S., 2003). Osteoarthiritis results from lack of sufficient Boron in our diets (Devirian T., Volpe S., 2003; Helliwell et al., 1996).
Fructo Borate Complex and its natural bioavailable boron supports bone strength and joint integrity (Miljkovic et al., 2009; Scorei et al. (2011).
Boron is found to be a missing mineral in our daily nutrition as industrialized farming has depleted boron from our soil. Fructo Borate Complex is a complex of calcium, natural fructose, and boron; exactly as it is found in fresh and dried fruits, vegetables, herbs and wine (Miljkovic et al., 2009; Price et al., 2012). This form of boron is not only safe but also bioavailable compared with most commercial forms of boron (Scorei et al., 2011).
1-2 capsules of the Fructo Borate Complex provides 6-12 mg, which is the researched amount of boron to support healthy strong bone (between 3-10 mg). It also has the ability to reduce inflammation and pain in arthritic joints (Scorei et al., 2011).
- Newnham RE. (1994). Essentiality of boron for healthy bones and joints. Environ Health Perspect.;102 Suppl 7:83-5
- Price et al. (2012). Essential Nutrients of Bone Health and a Review of their Availability in the Average North American Diet. Orthop J;6:143-149.
- Newnham RE. (2003). Boron: Major Cause and Cure for Arthritis. Nutrition; issue 92.
- Scorei et al. (2011). A Double-blind, Placebo-Controlled Pilot Study to Evaluate the Effect of Calcium Fructoborate on Systemic Inflammation and Dyslipidemia Markers for Middle-Ased People with Primary Osteoarthritis. Biol Trace Elem Res;144:253-263.
- Helliwell et al. (1996). Elemental analysis of femoral bone from patients with fractured neck of femur or osteoarthritis. Bone;18:151-157.
- Miljkovic et al. (2009). Calcium Fructoborate: plant-based dietary boron for human nutrition. J Diet Suppl;6:211-226.
- Scorei et al. (2011). Calcium Fructoborate—potential anti-inflammatory agent. Biol Trace Elem. Res; doi:10.1007/s12011-011-8972-6.
- Nielsen F. (1990). Studies on the relationship between boron and magnesium which possibly affects the formation and maintenance of bones. Magnes Trace Elm.;9(2):61-9.
- Devirian T. & Volpe S. (2003). The Physiological Effects of Dietary Boron. Critical Reveiws in Food Science and Nturition; 43(2):210-231.
See Clinical Notes for more.
We have developed our products based on scientific research and/or the practical experience of many healthcare practitioners. There is a growing body of literature on food based nutrition and supplements and their application in support of our health. Please use our products under the advisement of your doctor.
Fructo Borate provides 6mg of elemental boron per capsule. Each boron ion is bound to two fructose molecules. All food derived boron molecules are bound to carbohydrates.
Take 1 to 2 capsules twice daily depending on the severity of the arthritis.
Surgeons have observed that the bones of patients using boron supplements are much harder to cut than those of patients who had not used boron supplements. Approximately half the population in the US consumes less than 1mg of boron per day. Supplementation with 3 mg of boron per day for post menopausal women has demonstrated improved calcium and magnesium retention by the kidneys.